wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] last release in debian sid

From: Isaac Clerencia
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] last release in debian sid
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:34:03 +0200

On Monday, 18 de April de 2005 23:18, Julien Tailleur wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just wanted to inform you that the last release for debian amd64 does
> not work. It starts and stop with the message "abandon"
>
> address@hidden:~$ wesnoth --nosound
> Battle for Wesnoth v0.9.0
> Started on Mon Apr 18 23:10:17 2005
>
> started game: 1462087998
> Abandon
>
> It used to work but does not since my last upgrade which I did last week.
> I posted on the debian-amd64 ML and other people have the same issue.
> It still work on the 32 bit debian. I did not found who did the package,
> but I read somewhere that "one of you" had done the one for standard
> debian so it may interest someone...
I'm the Wesnoth Debian maintainer, you can use the Debian BTS
(bugs.debian.org) to report this kind of problems, can you compile Wesnoth
with debug symbols and send us a backtrace when it crashes? You should just:
a) compile wesnoth with debug symbols
b) gdb wesnoth
c) type "bt" when it crashes
d) attach the output of the "bt" command

If you don't know/don't feel like doing this ask another amd64 user, please :)

> On a totally different subject, there are lots of issues with the
> translation in french, and I wanted to know wether I can help, and who I
> should contact for this.
The French translation team will welcome you. Just now I don't remember the
name of the new French translation maintainer. You should be able to find him
in the IRC channels #wesnoth-dev and #wesnoth-fr in freenode.

Best regards

--
Isaac Clerencia at Warp Networks, http://www.warp.es
Work: <address@hidden>   | Debian: <address@hidden>