RE: [avr-chat] JTAG Debug

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-chat] JTAG Debug
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 16:12:33 -0700

The AVR Tools Group does not think all users of the AVR use Windows. We are
aware that there are a number of users on other platforms such as Linux,
FreeBSD, and others. Yes, the majority of AVR users develop on the Windows
platform. Currently AVR Studio only distributes on the Windows platform. The
tools for our newer AVR32 processors are distributed on Windows, Ubuntu, and
Fedora. So it is wrong to think that the AVR Tools Group is not aware of other
users. It takes time to build something that is truly cross-platform and
especially something as complex as AVR Studio.

If you need some resource, such as documentation, and you cannot get it because
it is only available on Windows and you do not have Windows, then please
contact avr[AT]atmel[DOT]com to request it.

Eric Weddington
Product Manager
AVR Tools Group
Atmel