brad

Re: [Brad] Help:Setting up a radiance system--brad

From: Rob Guglielmetti
Subject: Re: [Brad] Help:Setting up a radiance system--brad
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:04:22 -0600

steve michel wrote:

Thanks Fransceco,

Ill look into making a template blender file scaled to 'fit' the ies lights and ill review the man pages for ies2rad. What alerted me to scaling is the render I got when I inserted an incadescent light in a blender scene. the resulting render had a yellowish tint far in excess to what I would expect from such a light source.

Ok well that is more likely a problem with not using neutral lamp colors for all your light sources. When you run ies2rad, you will probably want to use the "-t white" option in ies2rad when you create your luminaires for renderings. The default behavior is for ies2rad to look in the header of the ies file and try to figure out what lamp it is, and it colors the lampcolor accordingly. The problem is that a Radiance rendering done with absolute color temperatures will always look exaggerated. So the -t white option is a way to automatically color balance your scene.
- Rob Guglielmetti