brad

Re: [Brad] Help:Setting up a radiance system--brad

From: steve michel
Subject: Re: [Brad] Help:Setting up a radiance system--brad
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 19:40:19 -0400

Most of the ies I've seen only contain lumen angle data.
Luckliy radiance has some tools which helped me validate the ies2rad conversion and scale (courtesy of axel jacobs tutorial). I generate the octree file then used rtrace and racalc:

[steve]$oconv TWINT5.rad > TWINT5.oct
[steve]$ echo "0 0 -3 0 0 1" | rtrace -I -h -ov TWINT5.oct |rcalc -e '$1=179*$1'
71.7976876 [lx] illuminance at 3m from fixture.

this calculated and returned the lx at the set workplane distance. But other than wanting to check illuminace I would like fixture manufacturers to provide the models to visualise the lighting complete with the fixtures. But I think modelling a facsimile of the fixture with the address@hidden ies lamp data, might interfere with the lighting model. Can anyone confirm this? Or post sample ies photmetry with full mgf data .