brad

Re: [Brad] Help:Setting up a radiance system--brad

From: steve michel
Subject: Re: [Brad] Help:Setting up a radiance system--brad
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 16:11:35 -0400

Thanks Rob for ltview; it did allow me to quickly 'preview' a lighting fixture via radiance and see the difference with brad's output.

I took the liberty of attaching my results.

Thomas: your item #5 in the list of brad procedures worked successfully to export my lighting data to radiance. For Brad export I positioned my lightsource close to a surface to 'see' its 'signature'. The obvious hypothesis for a and up/down T5 geometry is a linear shaped illumination on a horizontal surface (one foot from the ceiling) but I was getting a circular shape (see attached file) and also strange, the lighting polygon is casting a shadow on the cube (no other object in the room). It appears as though a wrong circular is positioned above the self-luminous polygon.

Any feedback on interpreting these results and/or a work around solution would help.

regards
Steve