cardinal-dev

Re: [Cardinal-dev] (Fwd from perl6-internals) I'm baaa-ack :)

From: Dan Sugalski
Subject: Re: [Cardinal-dev] (Fwd from perl6-internals) I'm baaa-ack :)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 02:38:57 -0400

At 10:27 AM +0200 8/12/02, Erik Bågfors wrote:
On Mon, 2002-08-12 at 07:45, Jeff wrote:
 Some of you may notice the new CVS commit in languages/ruby.

 This is -not- a fait accompli', but a nearly complete grammar for ruby.
 I removed the left-recursion in the expression nonterminal ('arg'), but
 not the last few places. It's using the publicly available descripton in
 the Ruby documentation (Appendix A, 'Pseudo-BNF grammar',) so it should
 be reasonably unencumbered by licensing issues.

[CUT]

Just wanted to say that this is soo great!!! :)
I've played around with Ruth and it was quite easy to get it to output
imc-code but this sounds alot better.

I'm really interested of helping with the creation of any PMC/classes
that we need.  Tell me if there is anything I can do for you!!

Well, we should get the object/method/attribute spec done within a
week, and lexical scratchpads are pretty close to done now. Between
those two, I think we may be ready to start getting the compiler for
Ruby going. (Right now what we have parses ruby, but we still need to
add the code generating parts)

Head over to perl6-internals by monday and we should be ready to
start going. :)

--
                                        Dan

address@hidden                         have teddy bears and even