Re: [Denemo-devel] tablature status (August 2012)

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] tablature status (August 2012)
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 00:41:18 +0200

Il 07/08/2012 20:21, Richard Shann ha scritto:
On Tue, 2012-08-07 at 18:05 +0200, Federico Bruni wrote:

With the upcoming release you could have a layout that printed the
same
music on two staffs one as tab the other as normal staff notation.
I have been trying this out, and there is a wrinkle here. You create two
staffs set one as Tablature and put the music in just one leaving the
other blank, then in the score layout you want to replace the music of
the blank staff with the music of the other. But I didn't put an edit
button to do that :( so you would have to hit the convert to LilyPond
button and do it in the editor, geeky. I have created the appropriate
Edit button now and will check this in to git shortly...

Thanks Richard.
However, thinking twice.. I don't think that using two staves is the way to go. Why duplicating the staves when you can easily tweak the .ly source to add a TabStaff? I mean, there's no point of having two identical staves.

I think that music students can stand a bit of lilypond tweaking if most of the editing is done in a GUI. I'm thinking about people who started using Dreamweaver and then gradually learn some html.
Sorry for the bad comparison! ;-)

I have a problem with tweaking lilypond source _within Denemo_ (exporting to .ly works fine). I click on View>Lilypond and I would expect to see some text in bold, which, according to the doc, is the text which can be edited inside Denemo. But nothing is in bold.. and I can't change anything.
Why?

--
Federico