Re: [Directory-discuss] Help with testing, please

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Directory-discuss] Help with testing, please
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 14:57:47 GMT

    <http://directory-dev.fsf.org/wiki/Form:Submit>

After submitting the name, the next screen starts with:
  This form contains eight tabs.
I only see seven, helpfully numbered :).

There is a item for "Is GNU:".  I would ask that this be removed.
Experience has shown that many people will think that means "is it
GPL'd".  It is no problem (and much more reliable) if we (admins) simply
toggle that as part of the new-official-gnu-package process.

Anyway, I submitted a trivial karltest and then deleted it.  No problems.

    * To edit a page in the *Main* namespace, use the following form:
    <http://directory-dev.fsf.org/wiki/Form:Entry>

I made some trivial edits to texinfo, also went fine.  Yay.  Looking good.

Enhancement: in the "person info", e.g.,
http://directory-dev.fsf.org/wiki/Special:FormEdit/Entry/Texinfo#tab=3._Person_info
have a role of "past contributor".  That would let us continue to give
credit to people who have made past contributions while not implying
that they should be contacted now.

Thanks,
Karl