Re: [Directory-discuss] Help with testing, please

From: Brett Smith
Subject: Re: [Directory-discuss] Help with testing, please
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 10:53:23 -0400

On 08/05/2011 04:09 PM, Joshua Gay wrote:
>> - should the directory pages be licensed under CC-BY-ND now?  Or
>> dual-licensed?  Although I guess they are documentation in one way,
>> hence GFDL, it seems odd for them to be incompatible with the normal web
>> pages, which usually have more or less the same information.
>
> I am going to pass that question along to John and Brett.

We discussed the Directory's licensing specifically with RMS and he was
quite clear that it should be under the FDL.  The Directory is
documentation and should be under our documentation license accordingly.
 The license of our web pages would be incompatible whether they were
under the old verbatim copying license or CC BY-ND, so I don't think our
recent transition to the latter changes anything here.

--
Brett Smith
License Compliance Engineer, Free Software Foundation

Support the FSF by becoming an Associate Member: http://fsf.org/jf