Re: RFC: Deprecation of .gmodel format (NOT .gorm)

From: Dr. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: RFC: Deprecation of .gmodel format (NOT .gorm)
Date: 6 Jan 2004 03:36:00 -0800

Gregory John Casamento <greg_casamento@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:<mailman.11.1073361121.928.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>...
> Presumably, mySTEP can continue to support gmodels, even if support is dropped
> from GNUstep itself.

That is the option that always remains. A potential drawback (only for
us) can be that GNUstep deviates more and more from the latest stage
of gmodel support and porting/compatibility efforts might increase.

But if we are the only ones who want to continue to use gmodel, we
certainly do not want to hinder the development and improvement of
GNUstep/Gorm.

Finally, mySTEP is also LGPL open source, so anybody is free to take
the gmodel parts back to GNUstep.

hns