Re: The need for an official GNUstep desktop

From: Rogelio Serrano
Subject: Re: The need for an official GNUstep desktop
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 00:43:20 +0800

On 8/29/06, Andrew Sveikauskas <a.l.sveikauskas@gmail.com> wrote:
On 2006-08-28 07:43:08 -0400 Peter Cooper <comrade@obverse.com.au>
wrote:

> I've been running Terminal.app on NetBSD for ages, and apart from
> some
> cosmetic issues that I can't easily fix because of the
> at-times-incomprehensible-genius of the authori, it's a very pleasant
> terminal environment that I use every day for all sorts of involved
> character-mode things.

Just for the record, speaking of the "all the world is Linux" problem,
Terminal.app runs fine on OpenBSD, but I have to compile it with
-D__NetBSD__  :P  But this is not the latest SVN so it might have
improved since last I built it.

I do get a few issues vis a vis strange window/keyboard focusing
problems (no other GNUstep app does this for me), and if I quit it
while there are terminal windows still open it dumps core.

somebody needs to update terminal.app or even rewrite it.

--
things i hate about my linux pc:

1. it takes more than a second to boot up
2. keeps asking about filenames and directories
3. does not remember what i was working on yesterday
4. does not remember all the changes i have ever made
5.cannot figure out necessary settings by itself