Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU -- The Book ? (was: Some thoughts about DotGNU)

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU -- The Book ? (was: Some thoughts about DotGNU)
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 19:58:12 +0530

If memory serves me right, Peter Minten wrote:
> I've started work on a DotGNU C# programming book too, it might be a
> good idea to merge our efforts. Unfortunately I'm very bad at
> typesetting (this could be a good job for non-programmers on this list:
> typesetting the manuals).

Yes , it would be a *very* good idea to merge our efforts . We should
actually divide the work into parts and people helping can write and
the general public can submit "extra examples" from their efforts with
DotGNU .

> Since I have eight free weeks ahead of me so I guess we could make a
> serious attempt to create a seriously good book. Here are some idea's I
> had:

Well I don't have that much time , but I do have about an hour daily ...

> * The book could have the following parts:
> I    Installation, compilation, how to use pnet, etc
> IX   Appendixes (Philosophy, explanation of the pnet tools (ilnative,
>      ildb, ilasm), the answers to exercises)

Well that seems well put ... I'll see what I can do for the first
and last parts . But "Answers to exercises" are irrelevant for a book
for programmers :-)

> * A good lot of graphics would be nice.

I can help there as well ..... Dia/Xfig will do nicely ...