Re: New mh-e toolbar icons

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: New mh-e toolbar icons
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 17:20:03 -0700 (MST)

    > This is a bigger change, but it might be a good idea.

    So is this a go?

    Currently, mh-e has the icons (shown with the suggested new name):

I  want to give other people, particularly Gerd, a chance to comment
before I decide.

    How should elisp code refer to them?

    (tool-bar-add-item "reply" 'mh-reply 'mh-folder-reply
                             :help "Reply to this message")
    (tool-bar-add-item "show" 'mh-toggle-showing 'mh-folder-toggle-show
                             :help "Toggle showing message")

    or

    (tool-bar-add-item "mail/reply" 'mh-reply 'mh-folder-reply
                             :help "Reply to this message")

I think the latter is better.  For Lisp code, we want the subdir
structure to be "invisible", because originally we had all the
files in one directory and later split them up, and we wanted
compatibility.  Here, though, we don't need that kind of compatibility.
So let's express the dirs explicitly.

If the images remain in Lisp, the existing load-path will work fine
for them either way.

If the images directory is not under lisp/, then load-path is
irrelevant here.  And if all image names are relative to the topmost
images directory, there is no need for a path at all.  It just needs a
variable called image-directory.

    Should the generic ones install to lisp/toolbar ?

I am confused here--I thought we were discussing the proposal that the
images won't be in lisp/ any more.  What option are you discussing?