Re: Release plans

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Release plans
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 04:10:19 +0200

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

>> Just a reminder: we will begin the feature freeze for Emacs 23.1 at the
>> end of this month.
>
> If anyone on this list has a patch that is still waiting for approval or
> further comments, now would be a good time to ping.

A long time ago, Lennart proposed to integrate a library implementing an
easy way for resizing windows.  See email <address@hidden>
on [emacs-devel] to jump back into this discussion.

I attach the last version I'm aware of (0.96) of Lennart's windsize.el
-- maybe this is not the latest version, Lennart can you confirm?

As I had a slightly different approach and I coded windresize.el:

  http://www.cognition.ens.fr/~guerry/u/windresize.el

Maybe one of these libraries could be part of Emacs at some point.

You might also want to have a look at register-list.el, which let the
user get a list of the registers, delete and edit them:

  http://www.cognition.ens.fr/~guerry/u/register-list.el

Bastien