Re: obby

From: Phil Hagelberg
Subject: Re: obby
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 09:45:28 -0700

Christian Lynbech <address@hidden> writes:

>>     I had planned to revisit the problem once the new implementation of the
>>     obby protocol and client (now called Infinote) had been released.
>
> What is the main target: to specifically make a gobby compatible client
> or to more generally just add collaborative editing to emacs?

My idea with Ebby was to make it compatible with gobby since I did not
have the time or knowledge necessary to write a server or design a
protocol. But this may not be the case with others who want to work on
collaborative features.

I feel the network effects of being able to interact with users of other
editors are valuable, but if others feel there are good reasons to start
from scratch I won't protest.

-Phil