Re: Feature needed

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Feature needed
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 15:50:57 +0900

> I don't think the current "to input, use:" feature should be removed,
> but I think that teaching people how to use any input method that
> happens to be available on the host is beyond Emacs' scope.

I've wished for this on occasion, usually when I want to input some odd
character (e.g., "trademark sign", "gamma", etc), and would like to know
how to type it in the future, but am not even sure which IMs can produce
it.  [This is less true now that Emacs supports input by unicode name,
but still...]

Luckily, fsbot[*] on #emacs (IRC) actually has this functionality, so I
usually just use that!

-miles

[*] I think it's fsbot, anyway, whichever #emacs bot is written in elisp

--
Road, n. A strip of land along which one may pass from where it is too
tiresome to be to where it is futile to go.