Re: Feature needed

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Feature needed
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 17:49:56 +0900

> I saw a character I did not know about, and I wanted to know how to
> input it in the future.  Yes, I could have copied it to a file and
> saved the file, so as to copy it from there.  But I wanted to know how
> to insert it cleanly.
>
> Remembering a unicode code point is not a good solution, since that
> would be hard to remember.

One very convenient way to enter unusual characters these days is
via the unicode character _name_, via "C-x 8 RET".  The resulting
prompt supports completion (including non-initial completion by
using "* something TAB"), it's reasonably easy to find the name even
if you only know part of it.

-Miles

--
Kilt, n. A costume sometimes worn by Scotchmen [sic] in America and Americans
in Scotland.