Re: Patch queue management systems

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Patch queue management systems
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 21:31:46 +0200

On 12/09/2014 07:36 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

I thought we wanted to make the review process mandatory for
everybody.

A code review system can facilitate that workflow, but it doesn't require it.

If we don't, we will have to come up with strict criteria for granting
commit access, because commit access is global and nowadays given to
people who only work on a small number of specific areas.

Yes, probably.

Either way, I'm ambivalent on the question of removing ChangeLogs, but doing that would allow to simplify automatic merging of patches.