Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 17:31:35 +0200

> Cc: address@hidden
> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 16:50:23 +0200
>
> On 22.03.2019 16:37, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
> > That sounds like filtering would be a better solution than separation
> > into two mailing lists.  Doesn't debbugs inject some header into
> > messages with a patch?  If not, perhaps it should.
>
> How would it differentiate simple bug reports from bug reports with
> inline patches, for example?

I don't know.  Maybe it cannot.  Which means the solution is not
perfect, but it doesn't mean it's totally useless, because it does
improve the current situation to some extent.

> I don't really see how you could make it work well with an email-based
> workflow without a separate mailing list or similar.

A separate mailing list will make patch review much less convenient,
because it will require the reviewer to read and respond to two
different threads on two different lists.  So I would object to such a
change.