Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 17:23:42 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> Rather, I don't want to see the bug reports until there's a suggested
>> patch for them.  At that point I may very well want to go back to the
>> discussion that lead to it in order to better understand the intention
>> behind the patch, of course.
>
> That sounds like filtering would be a better solution than separation
> into two mailing lists.  Doesn't debbugs inject some header into
> messages with a patch?  If not, perhaps it should.

Don't know. But we have the "patch" tag in debbugs, which should be set
automatically, when a message arrives sent from git-patch. IIRC, this
tag must be set manually today.

And with that tag, you could filter easily the bugs. Either on the
debbugs.gnu.org site, or with the debbugs package:

(let ((debbugs-gnu-current-suppress t))
  (debbugs-gnu nil '("emacs") nil nil '("patch")))

shows you all 196 open Emacs bugs, which have the "patch" tag.

Best regards, Michael.