Re: Tabs

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Tabs
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 10:49:08 +0200 (CEST)

> Il 2 settembre 2019 alle 21.46 Juri Linkov ha scritto:
>

> > I am an old user of 'tabbar-ruler' and friends from MELPA
> > (https://melpa.org/#/tabbar-ruler) and have built your branch on
> > Windows with the following results.
>
> You mean all your screenshots were taken on Windows?
> This is good news.  This means after blindly changing
> Windows related code without testing it just works.

Yes.

> >> 3. Click on the previous tab
> >> 4. Click on the close icon
> >
> > Then tried this, and the result is global-tab.png: notice, usually,
> > Emacs here starts restoring about 65 buffers
>
> Have you visited all these 65 buffers in the same window?

>From the screenshots I sent, when I use tabbar-ruler from MELPA, Emacs loads
>65 buffers and shows them 'per mode', i.e. if I select a .f90 buffer, it shows
>only buffers in F90 mode. Usually I can see about 4-5 tabs but I can navigate
>(scroll) between them using left-right arrows (see tabbar-ruler.png). The '-'
>on the tabs row allows to switch to see tabs per mode
>(tabbar-ruler-permode.png), so I click the '-', select 'Shell-script' tab and
>then visit a loaded .sh buffer, and so on.

More or less similar functionalities are present in other
Editors/IDEs/Browsers.

Maybe, instead of limit the number of tabs, one should limit its dimension so
that the name buffer is still partially visible.. Yuri
(https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2019-09/msg00057.html) has good
POV.