Re: VOTE: Changing completions-common-part face's default

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: VOTE: Changing completions-common-part face's default
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2019 11:17:12 -0500

>> While highlighting the "common-part" is definitely standard, there's
>> definitely not a standard *way* to highlight it.  While a background
>> color is used in some cases I have the vague impression that it might be
>> a minority rather than a majority of cases.
> Don't "the other" applications use bold instead of color?

It seems many do, but not all.  Not sure about what is more common in
this respect within the context of text editors.

>> > Right.
>> But I'd also rather postpone this decision to later.
> Not sure why: a lot of people use dark background in Emacs, AFAIK.

Just because I prefer to do it one step at a time (I have the
impression(delusion?) it can help keep the discussion more focused).
I do hope the second step of choosing a color for the dark-background
case will come before Emacs-27, tho.

        Stefan