Re: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, ple

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 10:23:18 +0100

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

> On 20.11.2019 10:20, Michael Albinus wrote:
>> You need an account if you want to write a new bug report ("issue") in
>> Gitlab, even for public projects. No problem for Emacs developers, they
>> will have an account on Emacs' Gitlab stanza. But we will miss bug
>> reports from Emacs users, which usually have no account there.
>
> It has OAuth support, users could log in using an account from a
> number of popular services. So that should be a non-issue.

But it is still a higher burden than writing an email. (No, I don't want
to say it is a show-stopper.)

Using the Gitlab API for issues requires to create a personal access
token via the Web interface, and to use it properly. Another burden.

Yes, I'm just playing with this API from within Emacs :-)

Best regards, Michael.