Re: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, ple

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 13:29:55 +0100

> Maybe some of the people who report bugs for other packages might
> avoid reporting bugs for Emacs.  If so, could you ask them why they
> avoid it?

I encounter this issue regularly -- people have some issue with Emacs
and I say (via email, irc, in person, even): "Well, that sounds like a
bug.  You should report it with M-x report-emacs-bug".  But they don't,
and my impression is that it seems scary.  The report seems to go into
an official secret place or something?

People are used to web-based bug trackers, and those aren't scary,
because people are used to put all kinds of nonsense on the web, while
email is for serious business.