Re: Emacs HTTP libraries [was: Re: How to contribute new package to GNU

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs HTTP libraries [was: Re: How to contribute new package to GNU ELPA?]
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 00:51:16 -0500

  > > Does request.el indeed duplicate built-in functionality?
  > I wouldn't think so. It models an asychronous framework for network
  > requests.

That is very abstract -- concretely what does it mean?

  > > But maybe it could be added very simply to url.el.

  > Sure, you could do own wrapper,

Why do you say "wrapper"?  I don't know what you mean,
but I have a feeling we are miscommunicating.

                                    but the man already modelled one, why
  > not just use it?

What do you mean by "modelled"?

I have never used url.el, so I am making some surmises.
I could be mistaken.  But I can't tell from what you've said
whether I was mistaken.

--
Dr Richard Stallman