Re: Question about completion behavior

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Question about completion behavior
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 12:46:54 +0100

Hi again Eli:

Look at the attached patch, it may need some small improve to solve the
case 4. but so far it gives a consistent behavior with any value of
completion-auto-help (and it is actually simpler than the current code)

Alternatively we may add another custom, something like:

completions-on-complete-action which may have 3 possible values:

'always to update
'hide for the current behavior
nil to do nothing (not hide the completions but keep them visible)

WDYT? (personally I prefer the simpler... but I know... it's emacs)
Ergus