Re: Supported/Bundled CSV support?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Supported/Bundled CSV support?
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 14:49:06 -0400

> I needed to set `csv-separators` to `(";")` to get Emacs to handle the file
> correctly. But if I make that permatent, I wouldn't be able to open any CSV
> files with commas as separators anymore.
>
> Did I miss something, or is this indeed how `csv-mode` works? If so, I'm
> inclined to create a bug report, cause I reckon few (in any) CSV files use
> more than one separator character.

Indeed, there's a missing functionality in the UI to do that.
It would make a lot of sense to have a command to change the (set
of) separators (which could even try and guess based on the buffer's
contents).

I basically only ever use `tsv-mode`, which is why I haven't improved
that part of the code.  Patches welcome.

        Stefan