Supported/Bundled CSV support?

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Supported/Bundled CSV support?
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 15:15:36 -0700

The simple/innocent looking "CSV File Format " AKA Comma Separated
Values, has a surprizingly high number of quirks with respect to
quoting etc.

Languages like Python work around this with a csv module that comes
bundled; Emacs has a couple of modules out on elpa/melpa all of which
look old.

Is it perhaps time that we brought one of those up to snuff (CSV was
finally officially defined a couple of years ago via an RFC).

--

Thanks,

♉ Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  🦮

--