Re: Eglot to core [Was: rmsbolt.el [Was: Colorful line numbers]]

From: Bozhidar Batsov
Subject: Re: Eglot to core [Was: rmsbolt.el [Was: Colorful line numbers]]
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 13:49:11 +0300

Also keep in mind there's the super popular lsp-mode package (https://github.com/emacs-lsp/lsp-mode), so most searches about LSP probably end up there. If some renaming/aliasing is done for Eglot it should still be somewhat different from the other package to avoid confusion. Naming is hard... :-)

On Mon, Jul 25, 2022, at 9:23 AM, Po Lu wrote:

> I don't like idea conflating the names with the descriptions, because it
> inevitably leads to conflicts.

What conflicts?

> So I see no need to rename it.  But we can definitely add various ways
> to make it easier to find, such as adding a `language-server-mode`
> alias.

I think a major improvement would be for searching "Language Server" in
Custom to find variables defined by eglot.