Re: Adding icon sets to Emacs -- and next steps for icons.el

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: Re: Adding icon sets to Emacs -- and next steps for icons.el
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 23:26:02 +0200

> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> But "the new one" looks black-and-white here?  I doubt losing colors
>> is going to be loved.

+Int.max for new *default* icons, but ones with color.

I know the latest "UX fashion" says no to color icons, but we should
care about usability first and foremost.  Fashion will change anyway.

> I note that these icons have been created by professional designers,

... who "professionally designed" a floppy disk with the hole near its
edge?  LOL.  I hope we do not want see that kind of *trash* in Emacs.

> There could be other good icon sets, of course, and we could evaluate
> them side-by-side with the material icons.

That would be fantastic, and *thank you* for working on this!

Rudy
--
"Programming reliably -- must be an activity of an undeniably
mathematical nature […] You see, mathematics is about thinking, and

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava
Slovakia