Re: Adding icon sets to Emacs -- and next steps for icons.el

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Adding icon sets to Emacs -- and next steps for icons.el
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 21:10:07 +0300

On 24.08.2022 19:08, Payas Relekar wrote:
Dmitry Gutov<dgutov@yandex.ru>  writes:

"decent contrast" is a fairly low bar.

Yet surprising amount of*modern*  software fails to clear it..

I'm just glad modus-themes makes 'contrast' issues thing of the past in
Emacs. Now if icons acheive the same feat, I might just enable the
toolbar.

I'm very much in favor of good contrast myself (and light background themes).

But whatever issues one might find with a black-on-white icon set, low contrast is unlikely to be one of them.

Even though I suppose the base background color of the frame also plays a role.