Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 13:35:20 +0300

On 13.10.2022 13:20, Stephen Leake wrote:
I've been using lsp for a long time, and typing lag can get unbearable
with servers that sends too much stuff. When 20k completions
containing_full_  documentation for every result that json gets
humongous.
Ok, that's actual data. On the other hand, did you measure different
parts of the process, so you are sure that the json is the bottleneck,
and not something else? It's not clear just from this description that a
tree-sitter implementation would be faster.

I'm pretty sure that we should support syntax highlighting when the corresponding language server is not installed. Or fails to launch for some reason.

We can control which grammars we bundle with Emacs, but we're not going to bundle language servers.