Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 02:20:42 +0300

On 08.10.2022 01:49, Richard Stallman wrote:
We could have a Parse Code feature which uses can enable.  For some
actions and languages, it would use Eglot, and for others it would use
Semantic, but users should not have to know about those two (unless
they are curious).

I'm not aware of any languages where Semantic is universally (meaning, for most users) a better option.

It can still serve those who have written a custom grammar for some domain-specific language, and those who have been using it for a while, and not willing to switch.

In most other cases, Eglot (or LSP-Mode) should be preferred. There are other third-party language support packages (such as Cider for Clojure or Robe for Ruby) which some consider superior, but neither has been proposed for inclusion, so I'm just mentioning that for completeness.