Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 18:05:36 -0400

  > Not clear yet (to me).  Dmitry says they are basically orthogonal in
  > the features they support.

Is this a coincidence, that different features just happen to be
implemented in the two?  Or is it for some underlying reason that
is unlikely to change?

Let's suppose that they continue to be basically disjoint in terms of
features.  Then we will never (or hardly ever) need to worry about
"Which underlying method to do feature F with?"

So, do we need to offer users the option of enabling Tree-sitter and not
Eglot, and the option of enabling Eglot and not Tree-sitter?

Or will users generally be happy with a single control to enable both
of them (whichever are implemented for the language in use)?

  > > If they are intersubstitutable, in principle, maybe they ought to have
  > > the same user interface so that most users would not notice or care
  > > which one is doing the job.

  > You are basically asking the same questions I did.

Good that we are following the same line of thinking.
Could you show me the answers you got?

If they were already posted on the list, could you send them
just to me?  No need to ask others to read them again.