Re: [ELPA] New package: triples

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: triples
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 22:52:19 -0400

> I've created a new package, triples, which can be found at
> https://github.com/ahyatt/triples.  I'd like to add this to some ELPA, and
> would prefer the gnu ELPA.  I will be talking about this package, and
> examples of its use, in the upcoming Emacs conference.

Sounds really nice.  Currently I see it depends on `emacsql`, but that
package is neither in GNU ELPA nor NonGNU ELPA.  Any chance you can
rework your package so it can use the new built-in sqlite code in Emacs-29, or
maybe the `pq` package (tho this one is currently only in GNU-devel, it
just needs a `Version:` bump to appear on GNU ELPA)?

In the mean time, we should probably add `emacsql` to (presumably Non)GNU ELPA.

        Stefan

PS: I also see `cl-lib` in the package-requires, and using a weird
non-parenthesized syntax.  Since `emacsql` depends on Emacs-25, you may
as well depend on Emacs-25 which will give you `cl-lib` anyway.