Re: Merging feature/android

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Merging feature/android
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2023 16:07:04 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> I disagree with your conclusion, and I still think we should complain
> noisily if modules cannot be supported.

OK, but I still think this is a very bad idea.  Do you object to
rewriting emacs-module.c to not utilize __attribute__ ((cleanup))?

What was said earlier by some people is wrong: as-is, in Emacs, it makes
no difference whether or not we write:

   foo __attribute__ ((cleanup (module_reset_handlerlist)))...

or:

   foo...
   module_reset_handlerlist (foo);

Not on Emacs 29, of course.  We could even go back to using
__attribute__ ((cleanup)) if it is available, and use the portable
approach otherwise.