Re: Mistakes in commit log messages

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Mistakes in commit log messages
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 09:47:40 +0200

    Eli> What about the opposite: a file is mentioned in the diff, but not in
    Eli> the commit message?  Or maybe that is allowed, and we shouldn't block
    Eli> it?

>From CONTRIBUTE:

    - There is no need to mention files such as NEWS and MAINTAINERS, or
      to indicate regeneration of files such as 'lib/gnulib.mk', in the
      ChangeLog entry.  "There is no need" means you don't have to, but
      you can if you want to.

Iʼll admit I tend to the prescriptive side of things, and think all
changed files should be mentioned in the commit message.

Robert