Re: Mistakes in commit log messages

From: Jim Porter
Subject: Re: Mistakes in commit log messages
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 14:23:02 -0700

On 4/15/2023 1:54 PM, Jim Porter wrote:
On 4/14/2023 10:45 PM, Jim Porter wrote:
Here are a couple small fixes after testing against the 2000 latest commits (though I haven't examined *all* the errors in detail).

Ok, I've now gone over the 5000 latest commits in some closer detail.

Oh, and just to give an idea of how common incorrect commit messages are, my hook says that out of the last 5000 commits, 866 have a problem, excluding the Eglot commits.

If I also ignore lines starting with "*" that have no "/" in them (these are almost always due to an unnecessary leading "*" on the first line of the commit), we get down to 196 bad commit messages, or 3.9% of commits.