Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 17:46:13 +0300

> From: Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net>
> Cc: stefankangas@gmail.com, dmitry@gutov.dev, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 13:31:01 +0000
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > (I actually don't understand where this discussion is going.  Do you
> > really believe I'm so ... unwise, after all these years, that I spend
> > two full hours of my time on something that can be easily automated?
> > really??)
>
> No. But I was hoping that this very specific case with only bug fixes
> might be easier to automate. If no, alas.

The routine tasks is not what takes the time and determines the
frequency of releases.

What I think we need is some kind of analysis or insights into the way
we receive feedback about releases and decide when we have "enough" to
make another release.  For example, it would be useful, I think, to
know how the rate of reports about bugs and regressions depends on
time since the release.  This could also benefit from tracking
specific categories of bugs (e.g., regressions) separately.  If
someone could run such analyses on our bug DB, it might be useful for
setting or changing our criteria for a release, which currently are
based on gut feelings, more or less.