Re: Adding refactoring capabilities to Emacs

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Adding refactoring capabilities to Emacs
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 13:57:48 +0300

On 26/09/2023 11:06, João Távora wrote:
On Tue, Sep 26, 2023 at 6:36 AM Alfred M. Szmidt<ams@gnu.org>  wrote:

If you have a diff on file, you are most probobly going to apply it,
and also probobly going to remove a hunk or two or edit the diff in
some manner.  (That this is "relatively rare" I disagree from my own
usage and experience).  Not to mention that visiting a file on disk,
that is read-write, and Emacs making it read-only would be very
strange.
I completely agree with these two points.  Even non-file diff-mode
buffers, such as the ones provided by piping git diff into Emacs
(yes, I can do that 😄 ) are generally better left read-write,
since I frequently edit them to kill hunks I'm not interested in.

'k' (or M-k), 'C-c C-s' and 'C-_' all work fine in a read-only diff-mode buffer. 'C-x C-s' also works, of course.