Re: Translation of manuals (was: SES manual French translation)

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: Translation of manuals (was: SES manual French translation)
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2024 09:10:40 +0000

> On Jan 4, 2024, at 17:26, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>
> I can speak for myself here: I would not
> want to use PO for this kind of job.  Its way of showing the
> documentation as a series of unrelated strings makes it hard to read
> the document and understand what it's saying.

??? All the paragraphs are in the same order as they are in the texi
file. You can actually read the chapter from its beginning to its end
in the PO file with indication about its original location as meta
information.

It is not a series of unrelated strings, or maybe I am not properly
understanding what you mean.

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @jchelary@emacs.ch
https://traductaire-libre.org