Re: Installing cond* in core

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Installing cond* in core
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 23:28:12 -0500

> I have myself expressed significant reservations about installing cond*
> in core.  The above could be seen as a politicians response to a
> technical problem, and to some extent it is.

I like the addition of binding constructs to `cond`, so I think `cond*`
could be a worthwhile addition, actually.

But I think the two pattern languages (that of `cond*`s `match*` and
that of Pcase) need to be unified, because they're already too similar
to justify having them both.  This would be a very simple change that
simplifies the implementation (and the doc) significantly.

        Stefan