Re: Installing cond* in core

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Installing cond* in core
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 22:56:57 -0500

  > Richard explicitly asked a number of questions about what it does and
  > how it works. A number others also expressed confusion about it, what
  > the syntax means and how to interpret it.

I found it hard to interpret some specific pcase constructs despite
having read its documentation.  It did not come naturally.  However,
with more experience I have learned to understand them.  It still
requires an annoying amount concentration, but I can do it.

I still think pcase is inconvenient in some of its uses -- once
one gets beyond the basic kinds of patterns.

I do not advocate removing or changing pcase itself.  Too much code
depends on it.  I do hope to discourage its use inside Emacs in
favor of cond*.