Re: Windows 9X without KernelEx

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Windows 9X without KernelEx
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2024 15:45:06 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Let's first hear from such a person, if he/she exists.  I don't want
> to complicate our code, and thus run the risk of introducing bugs, on
> behalf of a largely imaginary problem, sorry.

I'm sorry if I haven't made myself clear.  Such a person is myself, who,
having installed a pristine copy of Windows 98 in a virtual machine,
cannot find a reassuring copy of USP10.DLL with which to test Emacs, and
is physically removed from the only other machine from which a
functioning copy might be taken.