Re: Windows 9X without KernelEx

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Windows 9X without KernelEx
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2024 21:10:37 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Please reread what I wrote in previous messages, I think I explained
> why we can expect usp10.dll to be available on any Windows 98 system
> that is in actual use.

So far as existing installations that we're aware of are concerned, this
is true.  Hence I'm not insisting on the Uniscribe change appearing in
Emacs 30, but what is the harm in applying it to Emacs 31?  By your own
admission, Uniscribe is supposed to be obsolete, and the change will
enables at least myself to test Emacs without being required to manage a
private "DLL hell" or install Windoze Internet Exploder, whose Unix
edition has already given me enough grief for a lifetime.