Re: [fluid-dev] Proposal: FluidSynth tester program

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Proposal: FluidSynth tester program
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 22:50:47 +0200

On 07/31/2012 10:39 PM, Aere Greenway wrote:
David:

I performed the steps for retrieving and building the release-candidate
fluidsynth.

Thanks!

Though it complained that DOXYGEN (or something like that)
was not found, it seemed to build and install without any error.

The doxygen error can be ignored.

I can supply printouts of the entire process, if that would be helpful.

My testing also went well, since I did not discover any problems.

The problem I have in doing this testing, is that I have no way of
knowing if it used the libfluidsynth1 generated during the process, or
what I was using before (the repackaged version of your PPA for Ubuntu
11.10).

Try verifying by running these two commands:

1) "which fluidsynth", should return /usr/local/bin/fluidsynth

2) "ldd /usr/local/bin/fluidsynth | grep fluid", should return "libfluidsynth.so.1 => /usr/local/lib/libfluidsynth.so.1" (followed by a hex number).

If the second one fails, i e, points to somewhere in "/usr/lib" instead of the newly installed file in "/usr/local/lib", try running "sudo ldconfig", then try again.

Let me know how this goes.

// David