Re: [fluid-dev] Proposal: FluidSynth tester program

From: S. Christian Collins
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Proposal: FluidSynth tester program
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 17:31:02 -0500

I tried to find out the same thing (which library is being used by Qsynth).  I noticed the following text among the messages in Qsynth (click the "Messages" button to see them):

fluidsynth: warning: Instrument not found on channel 9 [bank=128 prog=9], substituted [bank=128 prog=0]

I decided to change the word "substituted" to something else so that I would be able to tell from these messages that the new library was being used.  The line I changed was in src/synth/fluid_synth.c, line 1,922.  In my case, I changed the word "substituted" to "pooped".  So now Qsynth shows this message when it's using the 1.1.6 library:

fluidsynth: warning: Instrument not found on channel 9 [bank=128 prog=9], pooped [bank=128 prog=0]

-~Chris