gforth

Re: Gforth not working in android 12 onward because of google changes

From: Bernd Paysan
Subject: Re: Gforth not working in android 12 onward because of google changes
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 23:35:08 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2023, 18:47:01 CEST schrieb Juraj B:
> Awesome, that helps a lot, but it seems I forgot to ask - is there a way to
> load external files?
> Something outside of forth's data folders? I'm sure gforth can ask for
> filesystem permissions somehow.

Gforth DOES ask for full file system permissions.  Well, before Android 11,
when asking for that permission always failed.  It also gets the different
external files dir pathes, and tries to access them, in order from most
permissive to least permissive, and takes what it gets.

I think I should add getExternalCacheDir to this list, as this cache is still
world-read/write-able, and I hope that can solve this trouble.

> I'm very forgetful, I also would like forth to be able to open .fs files as
> like one of those "open with app" things. I don't know what that's called.
> Is that possible somehow?

Probably, with an intent-filter.  I'll check what's needed to handle this.  I
think the actions should be VIEW, EDIT (when the editor is added) and RUN.

--
Bernd Paysan
net2o id: kQusJzA;7*?t=uy@X}1GWr!+0qqp_Cn176t4(dQ*