Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch

From: Andrea Arcangeli
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 02:18:25 +0200

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 08:16:55PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> For what it's worth, I hate the "start an editor" behaviour of CVS.
> People type rubbish in as log messages when they haven't thought about
> it.  Making it easy for them to keep writing to a log file as they go
> along is a feature, not a bug.

;)

I don't think anybody suggested to remove the current behaviour.

But you're just making it harder to remeber the semantics of the
commands by adding a number of not really needed aliases for various
commands, so I think you may consider adding a fast-commit option too,
that will be useful to some of us (unlike the aliases ;)

Andrea - If you prefer relying on open source software, check these links:
            rsync.kernel.org::pub/scm/linux/kernel/bkcvs/linux-2.[45]/
            http://www.cobite.com/cvsps/
            svn://svn.kernel.org/linux-2.[46]/trunk