Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 02:08:33 +0100

On 2003-09-26 20:51:31 +0100 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden> wrote:

I don't see how that could be possible since I was talking about voting on the default configuration value when there is currently no configuration value.

What, it's not possible that we voted not to have a configuration value?

I hate most configuration values. See "Flexibility Syndrome" or "Let's Do Both Disease," a frequent correlation of "design by committee".

I think it's equally bad to bend the tools to fit your workflow when there seems no need. Tape the tools together if you always use them simultaneously. If it becomes popular to tape them, come back and try again.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ address@hidden